Cultivating a Meaningful and Productive Mentor Relationship
Discover the Power of Paying It Forward
Mentoring is one of the critical keys to your professional success. While it appears simple on its surface, developing an impactful mentoring relationship involves a significant amount of consideration and planning both by the mentee and the mentor.
In this webinar, you will discover what mentoring is (and what it isn’t) and how you can capitalize on this powerful partnership to become a more effective leader.
You’ll discover how to design a mentoring alliance that will benefit both parties while establishing clear guidelines and milestones to ensure the sharing of knowledge and building of networks with measurable outcomes.
LEARN MOREREGISTER NOW
What You Will Cover
- Specific advice and guidance to those who currently have a mentor and to those who are seeking one
- How to determine what you can contribute to a mentoring relationship and what’s in it for you
- How to identify a potential mentor
- Steps for connecting with and inviting someone to be your mentor
- Determining what you want to get out of a mentoring relationship
- Defining goals and expectations for both mentors and mentees
How You Will Benefit
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand mentoring and the benefits of it from the perspective of both the mentor and mentee and how it differs from coaching, advising, and sponsors/advocates
- Explain how to find a mentor and understand the rules of engagement for a successful partnership that benefits both parties including building trust and sharing feedback
- Articulate how setting goals with meaningful outcomes for your mentoring relationship is critical to ensure that both parties benefit from the partnership
- Create a Mentor Plan designating potential team members you would like to mentor formally or informally and key insights you want to share with your future mentees
About Your Instructor
Tonya Echols is an Executive Coach, Leadership Consultant, facilitator, speaker, and writer. She is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF) of which she is also a Global member and President Elect of the ICF Georgia Chapter. Tonya was recognized by LinkedIn ProFinder as one of the standout Executive Coaches of the year for 2016 and 2017, and her writing has been featured in several publications including Forbes, HuffPost, and Training Industry.